The Hagerstown, Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Hancock, Smithsburg & Williamsport branches of the Washington County Free Library have rooms available for group use by both profit and nonprofit organizations.
Unless reserved for a scheduled activity, Meeting Rooms are open and available for use on a "first-come-first served" basis during normal operating hours.
Certain library meeting rooms will be available to groups for a fee. The library reserves the right to make fee determinations. No meeting room fee will be charged for the use of the meeting rooms by the following groups:
- Library sponsored programs and meeting held by library-related organizations;
- Official meetings of departments of Washington County, Washington County municipalities, the State of Maryland and the U.S. Government and elected officials in any of these levels of government;
- Tutors offering free one-on-one or family sessions;
- Programs co-sponsored with education and community groups. Fees will be charged according to the table below for the meeting rooms in the Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Library:
- Up to 4 hours - $20 (Non-Profit Groups);$100 (For Profit Groups)
- 4 to 8 hours - $30 (Non-Profit Groups); $200 (For Profit Groups)
Branch libraries (Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Hancock, Smithsburg, and Williamsport) who have meeting rooms will continue to allow non-profit groups use of their rooms free of charge. For profit groups will be allowed use of the branch meeting rooms for a fee of $50 for each block of time up to 4 hours.
- Businesses are welcome to use library rooms, but no for-profit activities, including sales pitches or purchases, may take place on library property.
- Nonprofits may be required to provide proof of status in order to use the rooms.
- Community Rooms may be reserved up to 6 months in advance.
- Read our full policy on meeting room use at all of our locations
Click one of the buttons below to get started.